The ISO/IEC 27000 series of standards provides best practice guidelines for information security management,risks, and controls within the context of an overall Information Security Management System. These best practices are not covered within ITIL.
This comprehensive two-day certification course teaches you how to structure and organize information security within your organization. Overall, you’ll learn the organizational and managerial principles required to define, implement, maintain, comply with and evaluate a logical set of proven measures to safeguard your information’s
availability, integrity, and confidentiality. One big reason to look beyond the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) in today’s business climate is the growing recognition of the business exposure and risk related to information security. That’s because globalization is leading to a steady exchange of information between an organization’s employees, customers and suppliers. In turn, this leads to growing use of networks, connections of networks and the internet. These activities rely heavily on IT, making information one of an organization’s most valuable assets. Protection of this information is critical to the continuity and efficiency of both IT and the organization. That’s why there is an international standard for information security – The Code of Practice for Information Security ISO/IEC 27002:2005.
Information Security ISO/IEC 27002 - A practical handbook Exam format
- Exam type: multiple choice exam
- Number of questions: 40
- Exam duration: 60 minutes
EXAM, CERTIFICATIONS & AWARDS
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the certificate Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27002. The 60-minute closed book exam occurs at the end of the course. It consists of 40 multiple choice questions. A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate.
- You will attain 7 professional development units (PDUs ) for Project Managers
Practical exercises and team assignments will be used to meet the learning objectives during the delivery of this accredited course. We will make use of exercises to enhance the reinforcement of the learning objectives in the syllabus.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who wants a basic understanding, of information security, from entry-level personnel to executive managers.
- Those seeking a career in information technology as well as those whose organizations are preparing for the ISO/IEC 27002 certification.
- New information security professionals.
- CIOs, CTOs, CSOs, CFOs
- VPs and AVPs
- Anyone responsible for security, governance, audit, compliance, risk, service continuity, disaster recovery
- Financial Directors
- Quality Managers
- Internal Consultants
- Professional Consultants
- Service / Help Desk Executives
- Process Coordinator / Managers